Call for Innovations: United Nation’s STI Forum 2020
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, in collaboration with Global Innovation Exchange (GIE)
, has initiated its 2020 Call for Innovations to help implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
. The call, which is open from now until 3 March 2020, is open for innovators, scientists, entrepreneurs and sustainability change agents worldwide to submit their workable solutions for SDG implementation, particularly through one or more of the six “entry points” identified in the Global Sustainable Development Report
- Human well-being and capabilities
- Sustainable and just economies
- Sustainable food systems and healthy nutrition
- Energy decarbonization with universal access
- Urban and peri-urban development
- Global environmental commons
The selected innovators will be invited to participate in the 2020 STI Forum at UN Headquarters in New York on May 12 and 13. At the Forum innovators will have the chance to present their innovation and connect with a valuable network - other innovators, those who can support or scale up your innovations, and those seeking to utilize such innovations.
This year’s Call for Innovations is hosted on a GIE Custom site and will use GIE’s innovation profiles as applications for the contest. As part of this partnership, all innovators who respond to the Call will be automatically featured on Global Innovation Exchange (GIE) which brings many other benefits such as:
- Ability to showcase the innovation’s accomplishments and milestones, making it easier to tell the innovation’s story. Innovation profiles will be featured on GIE indefinitely here.
- Exposure to funders and other supporters through initiatives such as GIE’s Innovation Finder Service.
- Opportunity to apply for other similar opportunities in the future using the same innovation profile.
- In 2020, GIE will launch automatic funding alerts based on your innovation profile details. For now, discover the funding opportunities that fit your innovation here.
The purpose of this Call for Innovations is to support existing innovative solutions by creating networks and communities among people who are developing technological innovations, those who can support or scale-up such innovations, and those who need such innovations in order to implement the SDGs. Innovations are sought from diverse backgrounds, including women, youth, Indigenous peoples, and open collaborative networks.
Innovations can be submitted before 3 March 2020 via Global Innovation Exchange at http://stiforum4sdgs.globalinnovationexchange.org/.
LEARN MORE AND APPLY TODAY