Who We Are:
Athena Infonomics is an analytics firm in the international development sector that focuses on enabling the extraction and use of data through a combination of social science research methods and technology.
Athena has supported national and sub-national governments, private sector organizations and foundations in investigating theories and models of change with an iterative solution development process. The process entails mapping data-use behaviors of clients/intended customers, blueprint creation/ideation, prototype development starting with a minimum viable product (MVP), deployment, analysis and learning.
Our sectors of work include Water and Sanitation, Public Health, Education, Workforce Development and Trade, with a big focus on gender and sustainability as cross-cutting themes. Athena Infonomics has worked in over 17 countries within Africa, South and South-East Asia, with teams based in Chennai, Delhi, Kathmandu and Washington DC.
What We Offer:
At Athena Infonomics, our approach to evidence is driven by 5 principles and processes:
- We begin with a Structural Evaluation to optimize the fit between program design, program objectives and beneficiary needs
- Understanding the Theory of Change to ensure that all program inputs translate to long term impact through a causal output-outcome path
- Investigating the Model of Change to determine how model design translates into scalable interventions
- Undertaking a Cognitive/Behavioral Assessment to ensure stakeholder incentives align with program design
- Using the insights generated to create user-friendly platforms for continuous learning and action.
From strengthening data systems to reimagining ‘peer learning’ and ‘knowledge management’ among NGOs and grass root groups, Athena has helped change the contours of decision making and learning among its partners and clients.