Stage 4: Transition to Scale
JokkoSante is transiting to scale after four-year succesful pilot in Senegal.
With +4200 users and more than 25 pharmacies, our aim is to improve our app with learned lessons and scale-up in West Africa in 2020 and 15 countries worldwide before 2024
Social & Micro Finance, Health, Humanitarian Assistance and 6 MoreSEE ALL
Social & Micro Finance, Health, Humanitarian Assistance, Social Services, Digital Finance, Digital Inclusion & Connectivity, Public-Private Partnerships, Resilience and Social and Behavior ChangeSEE LESS
Lives Impacted to Date
Funds Raised to Date
in Africa, big part of money aimed to Health is misused:
• Local population is facing high drugs related expenses without any efficient coverage. Diaspora is helping but there are not sure the money sent for health expenses won’t be misused
• Health insurance and mutual companies don’t have an online tool to follow their customers transactions and are then facing many frauds
• Private companies, NGOs don’t have any means to make sure that the beneficiaries will receive the donations for free
JokkoSanté is a web/mobile app using points as health services payment currency:
• NGOs and Private Companies use their online account to buy points and target their beneficiaries by location, age, gender, etc…
• Diaspora buy points online with credit cards or Paypal and send it to their family members
• People can micro-save buy buying points in pharmacies or with mobile money
• Health Insurances and mutual companies can manage their members on the platform and pay pharmacies with points
• Our platform can be used by the sponsors (NGOs and Private Companies) to send Health Information by text messages to their target beneficiaries who have their prescriptions paid
• Every beneficiary receives a branded text messages telling them who paid for their prescription
• Bringing crystal transparency on points donations (NGOs and Private Sector) and on diaspora points transfers, we are improving access to good and reliable medicines while increasing official pharmacists revenues
Mission and Vision
We expect to impact 3 millions people in Senegal, 50 millions people in Africa and 100 millions all over the world by 2024.
The results expected are : fight counterfeit drugs and ilegal sales, promote drugs responsible consumption, increase families health expenses savings, grow private sector contribution on health expenses, protect the environment
JokkoSanté is a web/mobile app easy to use for all stakeholders :
• NGOs and Private Companies use their online account to buy points (by paying JokkoSanté) and target their beneficiaries by location, age, gender, etc…
• Diaspora can buy points online with credit cards or Paypal and send those points to their family members or friends
• People can micro-save buy buying points in medical centers or pharmacies or with mobile money
• Health Insurances and mutual companies can manage their members on the platform and pay pharmacies with points transfered to their members
Below are the side benefits of using points system on mobile phones
• our platform can be used by the sponsors (NGOs and Private Companies) to send Health Information by text messages to their target beneficiaries because when registering, members must accept to receive health related messages.
• The system is transparent as beneficiaries receive branded text messages telling them who has paid their prescription
• Last but not least, by bringing crystal transparency on points donations (NGOs and Private Sector) and on diaspora points transfers, we are improving access to good and reliable medicines while increasing official pharmacists revenues
Wherever presented, JokkoSanté is recognized as the first solution of its kind and we improve the traditional ways of funding healthcare.
With limited sources of incomes, being able to receive points from other relatives or even organizations helps address the challenge related to affordability of medicines. The mechanism can also benefit organizations (such as NGO’s) donating medicines as a current model. Instead of shipping medicines and offering them to families, points can be offered as an alternative more cost effective, targeted and environment friendly system.
Our channels are :
- B2C : web application where people can register with their mobile phone number for free. Please not that even a feature phone can interact with our app
- B2B : Private Companies, NGOs, Foundations, etc... manage their funding online
- Health Profesionnals : have profesionnal accounts and digitalize the prescriptions and medicines delivery. The app is also used as a billing tool
Planned Goals and Milestones
After four (4) of pilot project in Senegal we plan to expand internationally soon and get 50 users globally by 2023.
Our strategy is to communicate widely on our pilot project results and then partner with Health NGO and Foundations, Governement and CSR-oriented Private Sector companies.
Our next steps are :
- total expansion in Senegal in 2019
- expansion in West Africa in 2020
- expansion in East Africa and globally in 2020, 2021, 2022
|Projected Cumulative Lives Impacted||1,000,000,000|
|New Implemented Countries||Guinea, Gambia, The, Cameroon, Rwanda, Nigeria, Mauritania, Mali, Kenya, Guinea-Bissau, Cote d'Ivoire|
|Recruit||6 management, 3 advisors, 3 volunteers|
|New Feature||online prescription, donation traceability, patient tracking, individuals micro-savings, secured shared medical records, online third-party payer|
The Team Behind the Innovation
Our team members are health and ICT professionals with very extensive field experience :
- Mrs Ndiémé Diawara is a pediatrician with 13 years experience.
- Mr Gorgui Ndiaye is a pharmacist with over 15 experience.
- Mrs Jinndaa KANE is bilingual (French/English) communication and marketing specialist.
- Mr Samba Legré Seye is a Chief Accountant with over 15 experience.
- Mr Adama KANE is an ICT Senior Specialist with extensive international experience on telecoms networks and projects.
EXECUTIVE TEAM INCLUDES WOMEN