Stage 4: Transition to Scale
Within 12 months the company has leveraged their mentors in tech ecosystem activities in St. Lucia, Trinidad, Antigua and Jamaica and is creating employment opportunities for local talent on projects within those countries.
Digital Development, Human Centered Design and Technology
Digital Development, Human Centered Design and TechnologySEE LESS
Jamaica and Saint Lucia
Jamaica and Saint LuciaSEE LESS
Countries Implemented In
Funds Raised to Date
Employment opportunities in the Caribbean BPO industry are mostly low value jobs. Technology adaptation in key industries is low
Hacker Hostel leverages tourism product to get mentors from the world's hottest tech hubs to come to the Caribbean to Knowledge Share on high value skills in exchange for excursions and accommodations
Our target beneficiaries are local software developers out of university and large local corporates.
Mission and Vision
Vision: To empower our local communities to solve our local problems.
Mission: Leverage our tourism product to gain significant IT infrastructure market share in the Tourism Industry.
• use Data mining processes to source talent from tech hubs around the world and pitch them problems in the Caribbean they are equipped to solve. (Reduces cost of recruitment)
• develop industry focused curricula to get the talent up to speed on the context in which the problem is to be solved. (reduces cost of onboarding)
• build proprietary tools that facilitate/speed up implementation. (increases return on investment of software coding)
• identify pilot customers for the early stage solution to which the mentors and their local teams demonstrate proof of concept. (reduces cost of Go to Market)
• give mentors a great tourist experience while they are on the ground (increases the value to mentors)
• implement solutions after design and proof of concept are approved (decrease risk to corporate customer)
• We manage the ongoing service contracts after implementation is complete (increases customer lifetime value to the business)
• better definitions and metrics around innovation than anyone in the tourism space.
• better understanding of the regulatory frameworks around data collection and management in the Caribbean
• a network of local and international tech startups who have domain and technology expertise in the local problem spaces
• methodologies to prototype and get stakeholder buy in more quickly than our competitors
• proprietary technology that plugin into client frameworks to implement faster than our competitors
Planned Goals and Milestones
Hacker Hostel Summer Solutions and Winter Solutions focused on Cruise Ship Industry
|New Implemented Countries||Antigua and Barbuda, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Recruit|| 36 mentors|
|New Feature||Payment Solution for Local Vendors, Vendor Guide mobile app for Tourists|