Caribbean jobs being in the BPO industry are low value jobs. Technology adaptation in key industries is low
Hacker Hostel leverages tourism product to get mentors from the world's hottest tech hubs to come to the Caribbean to Knowledge Share on high value skills in exchange for excursions and accommodations
Our target beneficiaries are local software developers out of university and large local corporates.
Mission and Vision
Vision: To empower our local communities to solve our local problems.
Mission: Leverage our tourism product to gain significant IT infrastructure market share in the Tourism Industry.
We use Data mining processes to source talent from tech hubs around the world and pitch them problems in the Caribbean they are equipped to solve. (Reduces cost of recruitment)
We develop industry focused curricula to get the talent up to speed on the context in which the problem is to be solved. (reduces cost of onboarding)
We build proprietary tools that facilitate/speed up implementation. (increases return on investment of software coding)
We identify pilot customers for the early stage solution to which the mentors and their local teams demonstrate proof of concept. (reduces cost of Go to Market)
We give mentors a great tourist experience while they are on the ground
We implement solutions after design and proof of concept are approved.
We manage the ongoing service contracts after implementation is complete
• better definitions and metrics around innovation than anyone in the tourism space.
• better understanding of the regulatory frameworks around data collection and management in the Caribbean
• a network of local and international tech startups who have domain and technology expertise in the local problem spaces
• methodologies to prototype and get stakeholder buy in more quickly than our competitors
• proprietary technology that plugin into client frameworks to implement faster than our competitors
Planned Goals and Milestones
Hacker Hostel Summer Solutions and Winter Solutions focused on Cruise Ship Industry
|New Implemented Countries||Antigua and Barbuda, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Recruit||15 Technology mentors|
|New Feature||Payment Solution for Local Vendors, Vendor Guide mobile app for Tourists|