I am passionate about scaling Bio Moto to equalize universal access to affordable clean cooking. 80% of households in the developing world cannot afford fixed package LPG & Electricity and rely on unsustainable wood fuel used in inefficient, unsafe, smoke polluting and carbon monoxide emitting cook stoves that cause 4 million premature deaths worldwide. 15,000 deaths and 6 million respiratory patients in Kenya cost the exchequer sh.12 Billion to manage annually.
Bio Moto is a unique, disruptive, anhydrous alcohol fuel cooker . Inspirational, no smoke soot or Carbon monoxide emissions. Co-developed and iterated incrementally during customer development. A low cost sustainable alternative to LPG. It is 60% cheaper to cook than charcoal. Sustainable, affordable, anhydrous alcohol fuel is manufactured from sugar industry's waste molasses promoting industrial symbiosis. Each single burner cooker is estimated to displace two tons carbon emissions/year
5.5 million pre urban & urban house holds in Kenya earning above $3 daily and 1.8 billion in the developing world that cannot afford to purchase fixed package LPG & Electricity to cook & purchase small quantities of expensive charcoal & kerosene. Mitigate 4 million/ year premature smoke pollution deaths worldwide. 15,000 and 6 million respiratory patients occur in Kenya. Value chain create jobs & incomes, mitigate climate change and address Sustainable Development Goals.
Mission and Vision
Mission. Equalize access to affordable, efficient, sustainable clean cooking experience.
Vision. Democratize universal access to sustainable, healthy, safe, fast cooking.
1. Bio Moto is a low cost drop in alternative to LPG that every household aspires to experience.
2. Instant ignition, variable power control and turn down regulator.
3. No smoke, soot or carbon monoxide emissions.
4. Bio Moto Cooker Patent
5. Extremely durable, 5 year manufacturers warranty. Lifetime durability.
6. 60% fuel cost savings, healthy, safe, fast cooking experience compared to charcoal.
7. Affordable low cost fuel refills starting at 100ml for K sh. 6/- [USD 0.06] Compared to K.sh 750 [USD 7.5] for a 3 Kg LPG refill. 1Kg charcoal tin refill costs K sh 100/-[USD 1.0]
8. Bio Moto Cooker & Fuel Made in Kenya. Creating jobs, wealth and social security, Mitigate deforestation and climate change, displace imports to retain foreign exchange, potential to earn carbon credit after project registration.
9. We successfully lobbied the Government of Kenya to tax exempt, Customs Duty and VAT on all imported & locally procured clean cook stoves raw materials and manufacturing machinery in the 2018/19 National Budget statement.
Planned Goals and Milestones
1. Secure Capital Grant / Equity investment
2. Complete a 200/day Bio Moto cooker production line.
3. Acquire and retain the first 12,000 Bio Moto customers in 2019/20
5. Capture 15 % market share by 2019/20.
6. Carbon Market Registration, CER by 2020
7. Create a Liquidity event by 2020.
8. Scale in Kenya by 2021/22
9. Replicate at Scale in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda,Ethiopia, Nigeria and Ghana progressively by 2035.