Updated Jun 26, 2018
We are building a digital platform, based on One Planet Living, to transform the way we plan for the future. Communities, enterprises and Cities can create connected action plans for a truly sustainable world.https://oneplanet.digital/
Environment, Enabling Environment, Digital Development and 1 MoreSEE ALL
Environment, Enabling Environment, Digital Development and UrbanizationSEE LESS
At present, people living in Europe consume the resources of 3 planets. In the US and Australia lifestyles would need 5 planets to support them. We have just one, and with a growing population and continuous development of countries, we need to learn to live within the means of the planet. Developed countries need to reduce their ecological footprint, whilst growth in developing countries needs to be carefully planned for environmental, economic and social sustainability.
One Planet Living is a simple, easy to understand framework that has been proven to create genuine change and lead to sustainable lifestyles. Unlike other complex sustainability frameworks, One Planet Living is a holistic solution to be used by anyone to create an action plan. One Planet Digital is a place to create, record and monitor plans. Users can ask Bioregional or certified consultants for help with their plans, or look at the plans of other similar organisations for inspiration.
One Planet Digital will be the first multi-tenant application specifically targeted at enabling sustainability. Citiesworld-wide will be able to work with their citizens and companies to:
• Create straightforward, engaging One Planet Action Plans using the 10 one planet principles, helping to provide a road map towards achieving the SDGs
• Visualise progress, measure impacts and compare with similar cities
• Learn from and be inspired by other cities and stakeholders around the world
• Get recommendations from the ‘One Planet Guru’ chatbot which will use algorithms and artificial intelligence to recommend sustainability actions to best achieve required outcomes (e.g. how best to manage droughts based on GIS and climate data)
We envisage the system being able to answer questions from users such:
- How big is my carbon footprint?
- Which One Planet Principles are most important to our citizens?
- Which Actions have most impact?
- What is the ‘total social and environmental contribution’ of my city/company?
- Which Principles am I strongest and weakest on?
- Can I find a supplier to provide a sustainability service near me?
- How can I modify this action to contribute to more good outcomes?
- How can I communicate this success to my fellow citizens or customers?
· Global Reporting Initiative
· CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project)
· Resilient Cities
· Covenant of Mayors
One Planet Action Plans can build on and enhance anything communities have done with the other frameworks/reporting systems, but the framework can act as a gap analysis, identifying issues that may not be being addressed.
It is more comprehensive than existing solutions, addressing not only climate change but other environmental and social issues, ensuring a holistic response. The story is engaging so can involve citizens and small/medium enterprises.
Planet principles can be used by small communities as well as global cities (most other initiatives are focused on global cities)
|New Implemented Countries||China, Rwanda|
|Recruit||1 CTO, 4 Computer Scientists, 1 One Planet Integrator trainer, 2 Project officers|
|New Feature||Provide automated suggestions for sustainability actions and indicators for developing a sustainability strategy, make baseline assessments easier to carry out|