Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
The WISE Awards recognize innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a
transformative impact on individuals, communities and society.
The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan indicating the project’s future objectives and future development
- Is scalable
- Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
o its innovative nature;
o its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
o the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
In order for the application/nomination form to be eligible, your submission must:
- Be entered into the official form on the online system (curriculum vita or other forms of
documents will not be considered)
- Be complete and accurate
- Be submitted in English
- In the case of an application, the form must include the contact details of two supporters (e.g.former donors, local governments, other NGOs, etc.)