Updated May 06, 2021CLOSED
Offered by U.S. Department of State
The U.S. Embassy Dushanbe Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce funding is available through the Embassy’s Democracy Commission Small Grants Program. This program supports the development of Tajikistan’s democratic institutions and civil society by competitively awarding small grants to Tajik nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, to nonprofit civil society organizations (CSOs), and to independent local media organizations.
The U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section (PAS) in Dushanbe is soliciting Statements of Interest from Tajik civil society and independent media organizations that focus on one of the priority areas specified below. Applicants should pay close attention to the Public Affairs Section’s goals, priority program areas, target audiences, and geographic locations when developing their proposals. Statements of Interest cannot exceed two pages.
|Focus Areas||Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance|
Communications and Media
1. The following organizations are eligible to apply:
· Not-for-profit organizations
· For-profit organizations
· Civil society/non-governmental organizations
For this announcement, onlyTajikistan-based organizations are eligible to apply.
2. Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
The primary target audience for these projects should be men and women aged 15-35 living in Tajikistan, who have an interest in journalism, photography, videography, or social media, and who have time to devote to training and content creation.
Recipients are required to quarterly program progress and financial reports throughout the project period. Progress and financial reports are due 30 days after the reporting period. Final certified programmatic and financial reports are due120days after the close of the project period.
All reports are to be submitted electronically.
There are two application submissions methods available to applicants. Applicants may submit their application using Submission Method AorSubmission Method B outlined below.
· Submission Method A: Submitting all application materials directly to the following email address:GrantProposalsDushanbe@state.gov. Applicants opting to submit applications via email toGrantProposalsDushanbe@state.govmustinclude the Funding Opportunity Title and Funding Opportunity Number in the subject line of the email.
· Submission Method B: Submitting all application materials through Grants.gov. For those opting to apply through Grants.gov, thorough instructions on the application process are available athttp://www.grants.gov. For questions relating to Grants.gov, please call the Grants.gov Contact Center at 1-800-518-4726 or go tohttps://www.grants.gov/support.html. Please note thatGrantProposalsDushanbe@state.govis unable to assist with technical questions or problems applicants experience with Grants.gov.