To financially support innovative, sustainable and replicable projects, proposed by committed conservationists working to secure a future for India’s habitats and indigenous species, one in each category, every year.
To identify the unsung heroes of conservation whose work has had a significant impact in the field, and publish a compendium capturing their work, so their efforts are recognized at a national and international level.
• Applicants must be locally registered in India.
• Only projects being carried out in India will be considered.
• Applications must be submitted in English to the best of your ability. This is not a selectioncriterion.
• Projects must have direct conservation benefits to threatened habitats or species. However, we recognize that data gathering may be a critical element in developing a conservation ormanagement strategy.
• Grants will only be provided for the conservation of indigenous species. Projects focusing onnon-native and exotic species will be rejected.
• Grants will only be provided for natural habitats i.e. areas composed of viable assemblages offlora and/or fauna species of largely native origin and/or where human activity has notessentially modified an area's primary ecological functions and species composition.
• Grants will not be provided for pure research work or for post graduate studies including thesis.
• Grants will not be provided for expeditions or for international travel to attend conferences andseminars.
• Applicants may only apply for only one grant per year across all grant categories.
• Projects must be structured to provide long-lasting and pragmatic conservation outcomes onground.
• Project impacts must be measurable and appropriate indicators must be provided.
• Preference will be given to projects with a significant community/stakeholder engagementelement.
• Projects should be a minimum of 12 months in duration, although each application is assessed on its own merit and the project length can be flexible.
• Funding must be used predominantly towards field-based activities.
• Budgets must be provided in Indian Rupees.
• Grants will be dispatched as per a funding schedule or on need basis over the project duration.
• Field visits will be carried out for all shortlisted projects.
• Successful applicants cannot apply for funding for the same project in two consecutive years.