Grant funding is available for solar home system and battery technology companies pursuing innovations around sustainable product design and waste reduction directly relevant to the off-grid solar sector.
The Lead participant in the Second Competition Resources Challenge is open to either:
(1) Off-grid solar company (“Solar Companies”) supplying the market across sub-Saharan Africa.
(2) Battery supplier or other component / technology service provider directly supporting the offgrid solar sector across sub-Saharan Africa.
Joint proposals by two or more Participants are welcome. Participants may also submit proposals that include individual consultants, non-profit organizations, academics and industry associations as supporting partners. In all such instances, a single Participant must serve as the lead applicant.
Participation in the First Competition Resources Challenge is limited to the following types of organizations:
(1) Recycling and e-waste management companies (“E-Waste Companies”) that serve the off-grid solar industry. This can include waste collectors, haulers, and processing facilities.
(2) Off-grid solar companies (“Solar Companies”) with operations in sub-Saharan Africa. This can include any type of company that distributes solar products.
(3) Other specialized service providers (“Service Companies”) with operations that are directly
relevant to responsible solar e-waste management.
Collectively, E-Waste Companies, Solar Companies, and Service Companies participating in the Challenge are sometimes referred to hereinafter as “Participants.”
Joint proposals by two or more Participants are welcome. Participants may also submit proposals that include individual consultants, non-profit organizations, and industry associations as implementing partners. In all such instances, a single Participant must serve as the lead applicant.