For this call, we have introduced changes to provide additional funding support and application assistance to start-ups and micro-sized organisations, as well as applicants based or conducting R&D in UK aid priority countries (e.g. in sub-Saharan Africa). In addition, we are available to provide partner match-making assistance for your application if you are looking for partner organisations with specifics areas of expertise.
The minimum eligibility criteria are:
• Applicants must be a legally registered and physically established business, academic organisation, non-profit, public sector organisation, or research and technology organisation from anywhere in the world. Applicants for funding may also form partnerships (such as between academics and businesses, or between entrepreneurs and established businesses). However, the lead partner will assume responsibility for the project and will be the recipient of the grant funding.
• Your application must demonstrate outcomes linked to both the programme’s overall objective (of accelerating the availability, affordability, efficiency and performance of a range of low energy inclusive appliances particularly suited to developing country contexts) and the R&D scope for this call, as detailed in the Scope section.
• Applicants must demonstrate sufficient match funding for project costs, as outlined in the Funding section.
• Applicants must demonstrate a track record in research and innovation, and/or provide strong evidence of your capacity to successfully implement the R&D project.
• Applicants must be compliant with fundamental in-country and international human rights, labour standards, and environmental management laws. Applicants must not be involved in any act of terrorism or support terrorist activities.
• Applicants must allow regular due diligence.