• Mission Adherence: Projects must advance the science of canine, feline, equine, llama, alpaca, or wildlife health. Projects oriented toward human health and agricultural animal health do not fall within Morris Animal Foundation's mission and will not be accepted.
• Health Study Policy: Projects must adhere to MAF’s Health Study Policy for Animals Involved in Research.
• Application Limits: MAF permits a maximum of two applications as Principal Investigator per year.
• Resubmissions: A proposal that is not approved for funding can be re-submitted a maximum of
two times (three total submissions to MAF).
• Budget: There is no limit to the annual budget request, however the average award is approximately $50,000.00/year.
• Duration: Maximum study duration is three years.
Proposals should be designed to convince the reviewers that the proposed project will advance the science of animal health; the investigator clearly understands the health problem and has the expertise to conduct the study; and the approach is scientifically sound.