To apply for a Miss.Africa Seed Fund grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
– Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
– Application must be submitted in English.
– Applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
– Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
– Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
– Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
– Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
– Computer science workshops and trainings for women and girls
– Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
– Programming and app development training programs
– Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls