|Focus Areas||Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance|
Matra is open for applications by local NGOs, non-profit educational institutions, lower governments and semi-governmental organisations. Twinning with Dutch organisations and with partners from other Matra countries or new member states is possible.
Not eligible for funding under Matra are:
- projects repeating previous projects or that were already under way before the application was submitted;
- commercial activities;
- projects with a predominantly academic focus, i.e. research;
- projects that largely or exclusively involve the delivery of goods or materials;
- infrastructural or construction projects;
- bursaries or education programmes;
- humanitarian aid;
- feasibility studies and other research;
- vehicles etc.