Updated Dec 19, 2018CLOSED
Offered by The Foundation for Civil Society (FCS)
|Criteria: Label||Criteria: Description||Amount Per Prize|
|Grant Window Category 1||Medium Grants||$21,737 - $156,506|
|Grant Window Category 2||Innovative Grants||$8,694 - $21,302|
|Grant Window Category 3||Strategic Grants||$108,685 - $326,055|
|Focus Areas||Good Governance (Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance)|
Peace and Resilience (Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance)
Economic Growth and Trade and Inclusion
FCS can only make grants to local organizations that are established for not-for private- profit purposes. Even if the activity for which you have applied is charitable, you will not be eligible for a grant unless your constitution clearly states the charitable nature for which your organization has been set up. If you think your organization may be affected by this condition, please get advice from Foundation before you make an application.
The Foundation will NOT make grants available for/to:
· Endowments & scholarships.
· Projects or activities outside Tanzania.
· Projects or activities which have already been finished
· Projects that provide grants to other organizations.
· An honorarium for organization’s paid staff.
· Income-generation / Microfinance activities.
· Applications from professional fundraisers or consultants acting on behalf of organizations.
· Political parties.
· Projects that promote a particular religion, ethnic group/tribe or race.
· Private sector businesses (unless they are not for-private-profit).
· Organizations that are in significant debt.
· Stand-alone Workshops, Conferences,
· Seminars, unless they are part of a wider set of activities, and are linked to clearresults
· Unanticipated costs (contingencies).
· Provision of social services.
· Applications for Strategic Grants to implement projects on HIV and AIDS.