Updated Apr 09, 2021
Offered by European Union
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support and strengthen civil society organisations’, democracy actors and human rights defenders’ work on critical human rights and democracy issues in Jamaica
Specific objective(s): The call will provide support to initiatives of civil society, democracy actors and human rights defenders’ organizations in responding to/when confronted by systematic, widespread and/or gross human rights violations and attacks to fundamental freedoms contributing to at least one of the following objectives and priorities for Jamaica.
|Focus Areas||Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance|
Good Governance (Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance)
Rule of Law and Human Rights (Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance)
(1) In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
• be a legal person and
• be non-profit-making and
• be a civil society organization, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community-based organisations, and private-sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level, and
• be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 156 of the EU Financial Regulation and
• be established in a Member State of the European Union or any country without limitation as per Article 11.2 of the Regulation No 236/2014, and
• be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and• non-Jamaican organisations must act with at least one local co-applicant.