The priorities of this call for proposals are:
a) Support to CSO and Youth advocacy groups in promoting youth employability, job market access and active participation in economic life in line with the relevant priorities of the National Youth Policy and the economic priorities of the Government of Lebanon.
b) Supporting innovative social businesses or starting spin-offs "for Youth and by Youth" turning ideas into viable businesses as engines for economic development and job creation.
c) Promote coordination and cooperation between CSOs and the various key stakeholders including government, parliament, private sector actors, academic institutions, youth committees and others to promote youth economic rights and opportunities.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
• be a legal person and
• be non-profit-making and
• be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation of network of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and
• be established in a Member State of the European Union or in an ENI country;
• For British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant. Unless sector-specific eligibility rules provide otherwise , if the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, you will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible to participate) or will be required to leave the project on the basis of Article 12 (change of the legal situation of the beneficiary) of the grant agreement and• be officially registered according to the relevant legislation in force in the country of registration; and
• if not registered in Lebanon, must mandatorily act with at least one co-applicant established and registered in Lebanon..
• be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
• Has at least 2 years experience in the implementation of capacity building, training and coaching activities aiming at strengthening (institutional, technical and advocacy) capacities of civil society organisations, networks and coalitions
• Has at least 2 work experience in managing projects of similar budget size including awarding sub-grants to third parties (i.e containing the publication of calls for proposals, the definition of selection and award criteria, the evaluation of applications..etc)