Updated Nov 22, 2018CLOSED
Offered by DOEN Foundation
|Stage||Stage 2: Research & Development and Stage 3: Proof of Concept|
|Region||Low and Middle Income Countries|
|Planned Usage of Funds||Although there are no minimum/maximum amounts, DOEN’s usual policy is to fund a maximum of 1/3 of a project’s budget.|
|Other||Will not fund:|
DOEN does not provide financial contributions for:
1. Initiatives with purely commercial objectives.
2. (Scientific) research, debates, seminars, congresses, symposia and conferences with the sole purpose of dispersing knowledge unrelated to DOEN’s investment priorities.
3. Awareness campaigns/activities.
4. Regular education.
5. Health care, primary care provision (including legal aid and rehabilitation), sanitation and (drinking) water projects.
6. Emergency aid.
7. Study grants, work experience, study trips, student exchanges, group trips, (children's) holiday camps and day trips.
8. Anniversaries and other festivities, independent (regional) activities, parties and pop or other festivals.
9. Purchase and/or maintenance of cultural heritage, places and/or monuments and works of art.
10. Restoration and building activities including renovation and rebuilding (unless these investments create new employment or daytime activities for the target group).
11. Purchase of instruments, materials (for example, new uniforms), equipment, transport means, inventory (for example, computers, office design).
12. Independent production of: films, documentaries and TV series (unless explicitly focused on one or more DOEN programmes and with broadcasting guarantee), CDs, DVDs or CD-roms, books, publications, magazines, websites.
13. Initiatives with a primary political or religious objective and/or background.
14. Governmental and government body initiatives.
15. Initiatives of organisations with a disproportional shareholders' equity: free reserve of more than 1.5 times