All manufacturers, suppliers, product designers, or distributors of commercially available electric pressure cookers are eligible to participate in the 2020 Global LEAP Awards Off-Grid Electric Pressure Cooker Competition.
Products eligible for the Competition must meet all of the following criteria:
(1) Commercially-available electric pressure cooker;
(2) AC and/or DC powered;
(3) Offers pressure cooking mode;
(4) Be either:
a. intended for use on, and/or compatible with, off-grid energy systems (e.g., low-voltage DC systems, AC or DC mini- or micro-grids)ii
b. viable for use in weak-grid settings, defined as areas sporadic, low-quality grid connectivity, typically for less than half of the day
(5) Fall into one of the eight (8) categories (individually a “Category,” collectively, the “Categories” listed in the table under the “Eligibility Requirements” section of the attached guidelines.
(6) Include at least a one (1) year manufacturer warranty and OR other after sale support services, to cover parts and workmanship defects;
(7) Be available for warehouse sampling upon nomination submission;
(8) Be packaged and sold with safe operating instructions; and
(9) Not knowingly be in violation of another’s intellectual property.
For purposes of the Global LEAP Awards, “commercially available” means that Nominators must be able to fulfill an order of no less than 100 units by 28 May 2020.